Thursday, July 5, 2012

I love Ghent

Monday July 2 Waffles! We slept in and headed out for breakfast, we had Belgium waffles of course. It really was the best waffle I've ever had. I also had fresh squeezed orange juice, it was so good. We  looked around the shops in Ghent, then toured the castle Gravensteen. It had a lot about torture and had a guillotine. We then had some frites with frite sauce and headed to Brugge. while in Brugge we looked around the shops, took a brewery tour at the Half Moon Brewery, then walked around some more and found a market in the town square.  We ate dinner at a place called Tavern Green, looked like maybe a man and his wife ran it.  The man was very funny when he translated the menu for us and gave me a hard time because I ordered water to drink. I had something called boem-boem, it was a ham and cheese grilled sandwich covered in spaghetti meat sauce, it was very good. We then headed for the shore of the North Sea, I just wanted to stick my toes in. It was very cold.  We headed back to Ghent for the night. Had an adventure getting the car parked. The parking spaces are soooooo small! We got some awesome ice cream and went to bed. I was up half the night, I could not shut my mind off. Next up castles in Western Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment