Monday, July 2, 2012

Main Square Festival

Saturday June 30th Today we left Beauvais in our trusty rental car and headed for our hotel near Arras, France where the Pearl Jam concert is. We stopped again at the yummy patisserie, Angelique & Benoit. Going to a pastry shop was one of my top do to lists while in France, this one exceeded my expectations.  We then went to look at this Gothic church , the Beauvais Catherdral. It was a very beautiful, but I still find it odd to but gargoyles on churches. We then went to our hotel. The French country side doesn't seem much different than home.  We got to our hotel and laid around a bit,  then went to the mall so the girls could shop at H&M. The mall was a lot like home. We then decided to go get dinner , it was only 4:30 and dinner is not going to happen in France that early , so we went to Ikea for meatballs, but not even Ikea serves dinner before six in France, so we had a snack and left to go to the concert.  Walked out of ikea to a rainstorm, I was sad, we haven't had rain since Amsterdam and I didn't want it to cancel the concert Robbie has been looking forward to.  We had a problem with the language barrier and Tom Tom took us to a citadelle, but unfortunately that means town square and every town as one. So we went about 30 min the wrong way in the rain. We got turned around and finally found it. I dropped my family off and headed back to the hotel. I got lost, of course but went back to the mall. I love going to grocery stores here. I spent about 20 min. In the extensive cheese aisle.  I found my way back to e hotel after cursing the navigation man, Ken, several times. I watched The bachelorette on iTunes and skyped and emailed. Around midnight I headed back to get my family, my very drunk family. With stories to tell of naked men rolling in mud, Robbie being kissed by a French guy and of a really great time. Their feet were covered in mud and we threw out there shoes. Then bedtime, with lots of drunk snoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment